Sunday, September 22, 2013

Back in the groove

I actually got a few things accomplished this weekend!  Got all caught up on my City Sampler blocks (43 ~ which I forgot last time ~ 47, 48, 49,50 and 51)~



So that means that I'm halfway through the 100 blocks (I'm patting myself on the back for sticking with this) ~ Yay, me!

And ~ I got out my Pinwheels and Postage Stamps quilt and did some machine quilting on it.  I haven't taken the free motion class yet (the teacher is a snowbird and I hear she'll be back in October), so I'm just doing some straight-line quilting with my walking foot.  I did straight lines on two of the sashing strips and some diamond shapes on the postage stamps.  This is only the second quilt I've done, and I like it so far!  I just have to figure out how to quilt the pinwheels.  My goal is to finish the quilting and binding by the end of this week ~ they're having a Show & Tell at Flash Sew & Quilt and I'd love to be able to show something!


That's it for this weekend's projects.  Think I'll spend the evening dreaming I was back here :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)