Saturday, September 7, 2013

Class today!

At the last minute (like this morning), I decided to attend a class today at Flash Sew Quilt (one of our local quilt shops) taught by Bev Young.  The pattern for the table runner we worked on came out of Back to Charm School by Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene.  Bev is such an awesome and fun teacher ~ and she always has the most invaluable tips for cutting and piecing the fabric!

I finished two blocks in class ~ using a charm pack called Midwinter Reds along with a couple of browns and a grey.  To do the table runner, we need to make 10 of these blocks and then add dark brown sashing and binding.  I'm usually not much of a red fan, but I think this would look good as a fall/winter addition.



This makes two weeks in a row that I've taken a class ~ last week's class was for a Pineapple Log Cabin block.  For that class we used the most amazing ruler ~ the Pineapple Trim Tool by Creative Grids.  It took a little getting used to, but it's fabulous!

Here's my block for that class ~ I love it except for the center square and the light blue (they just don't work for me!)


So no more classes for me until I get caught up on what I'm doing ~ and I need to start working on some tree skirts I promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)