Thursday, September 5, 2013

QALs and BOMs

So yesterday I mentioned that I'm working on the Tula Pink "City Sampler" Sew Along hosted by Sara at Sew Sweetness, and the Hop Skip & Jump Block of the Month over at Sew Lux Fabric.  How fun it is to do quilt projects on a schedule!

I really look forward to getting a new block pattern and fabric every month for the HS&J BOM from Sew Lux (and I love the way they package their goodies!).  Last month's Block 3 forced me to learn a new skill ~ my first paper-piecing ever.  Happy with the way it turned out!  and I just got Block 4 in the mail today ~ more paper piecing ~ but I'm feeling confident.  :)


For Sara's City Sampler Quilt Along (or Sew Along, whatever), I'm afraid I've fallen a couple of weeks behind (could have been the order for 35 Zipster Pouches that I had to mail out before school started! combined with the test pattern that I need to finish this week!).  Anywho ~ I had a bunch of fabrics that were grey, white and light blue, so I thought I'd use these for the 100 block sampler.    Here are some of my favorites for far:

     
Both the QAL and the BOM are great practice for me, so thanks to Sara and Chrissy and Linda for putting those out there so we can play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)