Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday and an interesting Linky Party

Only two WIPs for me this week.

First, Christmas Tree Skirt #2 has been quilted and the binding sewn on to the front as well as Wonder-Clipped all the way around.  I'd love to have it finished by Friday!



Christmas Tree Skirt #1 is basted and I started the quilting on that one yesterday.  Aside from the straight-line quilting next to the seams, I haven't decided what I should do next ... it just needs something ...


but I like the way it's looking on the back!  


I REALLY need to take a class to get some hands-on free-motion quilting instruction.  I've been watching Leah Day's videos for the Free Motion Quilting Project ~ she's really got some great designs.  And I know what I really need to do is practice ~ practice ~ practice!

On a totally different note, I'm always interested in seeing how everyone else pieces their quilt backs.  So when I came across this Linky Party at Swim Bike Quilt called "The Other Side of the Quilt",  I had to join in and add my one and only quilt back.  




That's it for today ~ hoping to have a "finish" on Friday!

Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.


9 comments:

  1. that aqua red and white is gorgeous! Love your whole blog look and feel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura ~ I'm still kind of new at both blogging and quilting, but it sure is fun (and quilting is SO addicting!!)

      Delete
  2. Those look pretty. It would look great with some free motion type u shapes back and forth. This is really hard to explain in words. It will great I am sure with whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth ~ I think I know what you mean about the free motion u shapes, so I need to do some practice on those. Great idea!

      Delete
  3. I love these colors for winter & Christmas - so pretty. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors too ~ I'm using Moda's "Winter's Lane" collection.

      Delete
  4. Oo! That Christmas tree skirt is going to be so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to see the tree skirt, I love the Winter's Lane fabric! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you have made great progress on those beautiful tree skirts, Georgi! Yes, that fmq takes practice, practice, practice. But it's not for everyone. I really feel so much more comfortable with the good old walking foot myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)