Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday

One Big WIP for me this week.  Yesterday, I started quilting the border of my In From The Cold quilt.  I hadn't decided what to do with it  ~ but just before I got out of bed that morning I thought of cross-hatching it (not sure if that's what that design is called) and I liked that idea.  Sooo ~ I actually got out my Frixion pen and started marking the diagonal lines around the border.

My dilemma then was ~ do I do each line separately? or go back and forth?  If I did them separately, I'd have to bury all those threads afterwards.  If I did them back and forth, I'd be fighting with the quilt as I turned it in opposite directions.  (I can't imagine how people do those bed-size quilts on their domestic machines!)

I opted for the back and forth method and, like I said before, it's a good thing I'm keeping this one because I can really see my stitches as I travel to the next line and it bugs me, but it's not being judged and that's a good thing!  I may even just do the diagonals in one direction instead of cross-hatching it because I'm already tired of flipping the quilt around.  :)  We'll see ...


(what it looks like so far from the back)

This morning I started putting together a Shir-Crazy Wristlet that was ordered from my shop.  I used a couple of the same fabrics as the Aragon Bag I made last year.


I finished it and mailed it out this afternoon.  



I have an awesome friend, Cindy Nichols, who loves to do pottery ~ she made me this little sign out of clay and I have it hanging on the wall in my sewing space.  I wrapped a length of selvage to cover the wire.  I absolutely love it!


Linking up with WIP Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I like the diagonals; besides being only half the stitching time and effort as diamonds/cross-hatching, they are distinctive and modern in style and go beautifully with the rest of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)