Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WIP Wednesday ~ May already?!

Has it really been 3 weeks since I posted anything?  It's not like I haven't been doing anything ...

I guess the most important thing I'm working on is a quilt for our great-grandson who's going to be 3 next month.  I had made him this pillowcase for Christmas (he LOVES the Cars movies) ~



and I decided he needed a little quilt to go with it!  So I scrounged around for some more Cars fabrics and came up with a few more in different colors.  I cut them all up in 5" squares and started adding sashing.


I was inspired by this pattern by Lindsay @ Craft Buds.  My layout ended up looking something like this:


and I wanted to put his name on it somewhere, so I added it to the back ~


I added some Franken-batting (thanks to a tutorial by Kati @ from the blue chair) ~


and now I'm in the process of quilting it.  Can't wait to see it finished!

I have to admit ~ I'm not doing so well on my 2014 2nd quarter Finish-a-long list.  :(  Although I have made a tiny bit of progress on the Good Night Irene and the Star Light Star Bright blocks.  And my Hop Skip & Jump BOM quilt is almost ready for sashing.



In spite of the lack of progress on my list, I did sign up for another class at our LQS (just what I need, right?) and picked out these fabrics to make it sort of monochromatic.


So ~ I have LOTS of WIPs ~ all I need is a kick in the hiney to actually finish some things.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.




5 comments:

  1. I am loving the layout for the cars quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cars quilt, his name looks great! I also love the way your design wall. There is a certain beauty that comes out when all different types of blocks are there together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look much too young to be a great grandmother. That being said I think your great grandson is going to love that car quilt. The black red and blue color combo is very striking and his name on the back is really cool. I have been collecting monochromatic purples but waiting for inspiration to strike to make something out of them. Be sure to post what you do with your aquas. And I laughed...it has been a long time since I heard the term hiney! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your teal fabric pull. So pretty. And what's one more WiP amongst friends, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Star Light Star Bright blocks. That's on my to-do-list too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)