Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Finish-Along ~ 4th Quarter Results


Last Quarter of 2016!  I have to say I love being a part of the Finish-A-Long.  I jumped in for the last quarter of 2013 and haven't stopped since.  It's just so motivating ~ so a big "Thank You" for those who host and cheer us on every year!



Here's my 4th Quarter list and the results:

I'm working with the Seasonal Silhouettes pattern book by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts and I've decided that each block is going to be its own mini-quilt so that I have something to hang each month.  Here's my basket of fabrics for the next 3 months.  (BTW, this is the Oslo Craft Bag ~ a free pattern by Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness)


1 - Seasonal Silhouettes - November.  This one is fused, but I didn't finish it.  Here's the pattern.



2 - Seasonal Silhouettes - December.  Still not started yet, but here's the pattern.  NO PROGRESS.


3 - Seasonal Silhouettes - January. I started this one when I first got the book and finished fusing the applique pieces.  Love the skates!  NO PROGRESS.

  

4 - Downtown Cabins - from the book Cabin Fever: 20 Modern Log Cabin Quilts by Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting.  FINISHED!  Blogged here.


5 - Boxing Match.  Pattern by Nancy Mahoney for Quiltmaker (Sept/Oct 2015).  Quilt for my grandson in Detroit Tigers colors.  FINISHED!  Blogged here.


6 - Nonchalant.   Another pattern from the book Cabin Fever: 20 Modern Log Cabin Quilts by Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting.  Quilt for another grandson in U of M colors.  FINISHED!  Blogged here.



Oldies but goodies (i.e. not much hope here):

7 - Star Light Star Bright Quilt.  Another quilt-along that I lagged way behind on ~ still have only 4 blocks finished.  NO PROGRESS.
               


8 - Diamond District.  I'm still on six blocks ~ hopefully a few more blocks by the end of the year!  (This makes a good leaders-enders project ~ I really should take advantage of that!)  NO PROGRESS.


That makes 3 finishes out of 8 projects on my list this quarter ~ 3 big lap quilts for my grandkids, so I'm happy!!


Linking up with Rhonda at Rhonda's Ramblings!  #FALQ4theshyonesews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)