Saturday, June 17, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long: Finally ~ a Facets Finish!

I've been doing much more sewing than blogging this quarter ~ and that's a good thing, right?

Happy to say that I finished the Facets quilt for my grandson Mitchell.  I love this pattern, but struggled with the making of the improv fabric for the diamonds.  Despite that, I actually love this quilt!



The fabrics were chosen by my daughter ~ most of the fabrics from the Pink Castle Fabrics in Ann Arbor, MI.  The background is Sew Hope Full Letters and Numbers by Whistler Studios for Windham Fabrics.  The red was a Linea Tonal by Henley Studio for Makower UK.  

This was the beginning of my improv fabric:



 and here are my first blocks ready to be sewn together:



The back really shows off some of the fabrics I used for the improv.


I did simple walking-foot quilting on this one, just echoing the zigzag sashing lines and then doing a big diamond in each of the improv diamonds.  

And here's the finish!




So this is my one (and probably only) finish for this 2nd Quarter of the 2017 FAL.  (In my defense, I did make two baby quilts that didn't get put on the FAL list, so I really haven't been slackin'!)  

A big Thank You to Christ Watson for this great pattern!!





2 comments:

  1. I love the combination of improv with the strong diamond shapes in this quilt, and the colors work wonderfully as well. Super finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great. The Improv contrasting with the bold red is wonderful. Congratulations on your finish. On behalf of the 2017FAL hosts, thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)